Private Guided Tours to Peru and Machu Picchu
Kensington Tours is an award winning tour company offering Custom Private Guided tours at unbeatable value
Private Guided Travel:
Your Own Private Expert Guide & Vehicle
Your Schedule, Your Budget, Your Preferences
Private Tours for 20 to 30% Less Than Premium Group Tours
Kensington Tours is an award winning tour operator offering private guided tours worldwide. Their destination experts will customize a trip itinerary exactly to your needs, and English speaking local guides will provide you with an exclusive personal tour. Enjoy three, four, or five star hotels according to your budget, all 20 to 30% less than premium top rated group tour companies.
Kensington Tours is a National Geographic Traveler and Adventure Magazines award winner and top tour pick, a Travel + Leisure Magazine award winner, and a VoyageTrek Editor's Choice.
Most Popular Tours
- 5 Day Machu Picchu Discovery from $1,275 per person. Delve into the timeless ruins & legendary lost city of the Incas with this epic journey. Discover Peru’s most dazzling highlights – Cusco with a day trip to Machu Picchu at your own pace with expert private guide. Enjoy pisac markets, traditional cuisine, scenic train rides, charming hotels & 24/7 support.
- 7 Day Inca Explorer from $1,950 per person. Behold the treasures of Cusco, colonial legacies of Lima, the Pisac ruins of the Sacred Valley & the dramatic ancient mountaintop city of Machu Picchu with this stylish private guided tour. Featuring scenic train voyages through the Andes, premium 4* hotels & more history then you ever imagined.
- 9 Day Peru Highlights from $3,050 per person. Take a step back in time with this epic quest presenting the Peru’s Machu Picchu & the ancient lost civilization of the Incas led by expert private guide. From Lima’s UNESCO gems, the Sacred Valley’s bustling markets, Maras salt mines, mysterious Aguas Calientes & time locked Cusco to elegant 4* hotels, iconic train ride, expert historian guide & more.
- 9 Day Machu Picchu & Amazon Signature from $3,835 per person. A dramatic journey showcasing the lost city of Machu Picchu & the lush Amazon Rainforest with 4*hotels & all transfers. A fusion of ancient Incan wonders & the tropical wilds tour Lima, Cusco, Aguas Calientes & Machu Picchu with private guide before heading to Puerto Maldonado for animal safaris, cruises & jungle hikes.
- 8 Day Peru by Orient Express from $6,250 per person. For those who believe that the journey counts just as much as the destination, this opulent adventure featuring iconic Orient Express properties in Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu & Cusco is truly exquisite. Enjoy expert private guide, cultural performances, exclusive Hiram Bingham train, the only hotel at Machu Picchu, luxury properties & much much more.
- 11 Day Andean Grand Tour from $5,860 per person. An enchanting journey through the wonders of this mystical land’s past & present. Tour Lima, Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Puno, Sacred Valley & Cusco with private guide & driver. Experience Machu Picchu, floating islands, vibrant markets & numerous historical highlights. Enjoy traditional cuisine, a scenic train ride, day cruise, stunning hotels & much more.
- 11 Day Machu Picchu & Galapagos Islands from $7,250 per person. An epic private guided tour of Peru’s legendary Machu Picchu & the untouched wilds of the Galapagos. Visit Quito, Santa Cruz Island, Española Island, Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley. Enjoy animal & cultural encounters, guided hikes, snorkeling, stylish hotels & ship, traditional cuisine, private transfers, internal flights & more.
- 10 Day Machu Picchu & Easter Island from $7,285 per person. Behold two of ancient man`s most mystifying legacies with this private tour of Peru’s legendary Machu Picchu & enigmatic Rapa Nui. Enjoy city tours, great hotels & elite eco-lodge, bathing pools, tranquil hikes, age-old sites, markets, volcano, local villages, biking, internal flights, traditional cuisine & more.
- 9 Day Inca Trail Premium from $7,225 per person. An alfresco odyssey, trek the legendary the Inca Trail. Enjoy 5 days hiking & sleeping under the stars. Hike through valleys, cloud forests, subtropical jungle, sacred Inca ruins & finish at Machu Picchu. Visit Llactapata, Abra Runkurakay, Sayacmarca, Abra Phuyupatamarca & Intipunku. Featuring luxury hotels pre/post hike, private guide, porters & more.
- 11 Day Peru Amazon Discovery Cruise from $8,785 per person. Voyage beyond mankind into the flooded 5 million acre rainforests Pacaya Samiria Reserve. Enjoy the luxury of a 5* hotel on the elite 12 suite M/V Aqua. Spot pink dolphins, tamarins, capuchin monkeys, caimans, sloths, parrots & other rare creatures. Includes hikes, piranha fishing, native villages, naturalists, gourmet chef, internal flights & pre-cruise Lima tour with private guide & 5* hotel.
- 12 Day Machu Picchu & Amazon Signature from $4,335 per person. A dramatic journey showcasing the lost city of Machu Picchu & the lush Amazon Rainforest with 4*hotels & transfers. A fusion of ancient Incan wonders & the tropical wilds tour Lima, Cusco, Aguas Calientes, the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu with expert private guide before heading into the exotic jungles of Puerto Maldonado for animal safaris, cruises & jungle hikes.
- 12 Day Peru Jungle, Ruins & Culture from $7,085 per person. A high style private adventure showcasing Peru’s lush rainforests & mystical ruins. Visit Puerto Maldonado, Cusco, Aguas Calientes & Lake Titicaca. Relax at Peru’s most luxurious hotels & lodges surrounded by dramatic landscapes. Enjoy twilight river excursions, hikes through the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu, scenic train rides, cloud forests, chauffeured transfers, gourmet Peruvian cuisine & more.
Kensington Tours Info
Kensington Tours offers custom private guided tours and travel experiences worldwide.The company offers hundreds of trips on all seven continents.
Get a Custom Quote and Itinerary
Tours to Peru
- Machu Picchu
- Sacred Valley
- Lake Titicaca
- Nazca Lines
- Inca Trail & Andes
- City Tours
Customized Itineraries to all Travel Destinations in Peru. Tour Extensions Available to: Bolivia, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Ecuador and the Galapagos, and all countries in South America.
Peru is a country in South America, situated on the western side of that continent, facing the South Pacific Ocean and straddling part of the Andes mountain range that runs the length of South America. Peru is bordered by Ecuador and Colombia to the north, Brazil and Bolivia to the east, and Chile to the south. Peru is a country that has a diversity and wealth little common in the world. The main attractions are their archaeological patrimony of pre-Columbian cultures and the center of Inca's Empire, their gastronomy, their colonial architecture (has imposing colonial constructions) and their natural resources (a paradise for the ecological tourism).
Although Peru has rich natural resources and many great places to visit, many of the people live in poor conditions. 36% of the population live under the poverty line. The rich, consisting mostly of a Hispanic (or "Criollo") elite, live in the cities. Nevertheless, most Peruvians are great nationalists and love their country with pride (largely stemming from Peru's history as the center of both the Inca Empire and Spain's South American Empire). Also, many Peruvians separate the state of Peru and its government in their minds. Many of them distrust their government and police, and people are used to fighting corruption and embezzlement scandals, as in many countries.
The Peruvian economy is healthy and quite strong, however, still some Peruvians see their economy as stuck in a rut. It is indebted and dependent on industrial nations, especially the United States. This dependence, combined with US foreign policy decisions in recent years has contributed to a widely held negative view about the United States government in Peru, but not against individual US citizens.The word gringo, is used commonly, but is not generally intended as offensive. The original meaning encompassed all white-skinned people who do not speak Spanish. Many people use the word gringo exclusively for Americans or American look-alikes. It's not uncommon for blonde people to be called gringo. Peruvians do not hesitate to greet you with "¡Hola, gringo!".
Generally, people are very friendly, peaceful and helpful. When in trouble, you mostly can rely on getting help. But as with any setting, it is always good to watch out for yourself and try to avoid bad situations. If you get into an argument, it is a good idea to remain amicable, but firm. Most of the time, you can find a compromise that satisfies everyone.
Peru is not exactly a haven for efficiency. Do not expect things to be on time, or exactly as they intend to be. Outside of the more upscale tourist services and big cities like Lima, English is uncommon and the people, trying to be friendly, can give wrong or inexact advice, a translator can always be helpful in this cases. Plan ahead and leave plenty of time for traveling.
|Currency||Nuevo sol (PEN)|
|Population||27,925,628 (July 2006 est.)|
|Language||Spanish (official), Quechua ,Aymara|
|Religion||Roman Catholic 90%|
|Electricity||220V/60Hz (North American plug)|
|Time Zone||UTC -5|
Cities & Destinations:
- Chan Chan
- Chavín de Huántar
- Huascarán National Park
- Lake Titicaca
- Machu Picchu
- Manú National Park
- Nazca lines
- Paracas National Reservation
- Río Abiseo National Park